Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) hormone, along with diet, produces fast weight loss, controls hunger, and reduces fat rather than muscle.
HCG was first detected in the 1920s. In the 1950s, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, a British endocrinologist, discovered its use for safe, rapid weight loss. It wasn’t until 2012, though, that clinical trial data was released by Dr. Shari L. Emma confirming the efficacy of HCG injections for weight loss.
Benefits of HCG Injections for Weight Loss
- The HCG hormone occurs naturally in the human body. Women produce it in larger quantity during pregnancy, but both men and women produce it in smaller quantity throughout their lives.
- HCG changes how the body loses weight. It protects muscle by putting the body into a muscle-building, anabolic state rather than the muscle-breakdown of the catabolic state.
- Retention of muscle preserves metabolic rate to ensure long-term results. When muscle is lost, metabolism slows down – that’s why most people regain weight quickly after engaging in other forms of dieting. This is what’s referred to as “yo-yo dieting.”
- Hunger is controlled so a more calorie-restrictive diet can be used to ensure faster results. The body makes up for the lack of calories by burning fat stores.
- HCG can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease by helping the body release dangerous abdominal fat.
What to Expect on Your HCG Weight Loss Journey
Safe, effective weight loss with HCG needs to be monitored by a doctor. The doctor will ensure that you are an appropriate candidate for HCG and will monitor your progress throughout the program.
The HCG Program is a combination of diet and injections. It is common to restrict caloric intake to 500 to 800 calories per day. A healthy diet including protein, fruit, and vegetables is maintained throughout the day. The body receives the rest of what it needs as fuel from the fat stores.
Self-administered injections are done in the privacy of home once a day. Small, thin, single-use syringes make injections nearly painless. Typical injection sites include the fatty tissue of the belly or upper thighs.
The doctor will supervise progress and ensure the proper dosage for safety and appetite control.
The maintenance program, coupled with the retention of muscle, ensures long-lasting results after completion of the injection phase.
What’s My Next Step?
If you’re ready to shed that extra weight for good, schedule a consultation with Dr. Neumann to find out if you’re an appropriate candidate for an HCG program.