While other prescription medications for weight loss have come and gone over the years, Phentermine has proven effective since the 1950s. The inability to control the appetite is one of the biggest reasons that dieters fail to lose weight and keep it off for good.Read More
The MSN Healthcare Health Blog offers news and analysis on weight loss, fatigue, personal health, and health news. It includes contributions from Dr. Mark Neumann and others. Click now.
You need all the help you can get when you’re struggling to lose weight. Perhaps you have considered surgery but are ineligible or would rather not go that route after learning all it entails. You’re tired of dieting only to regain the weight you lost plus more. While that can be discouraging, the good news is that several non-surgical weight loss options exist. Some that you may want to consider include:
1. Appetite Suppressants. If you can’t lose weight because you simply get too hungry on a calorie-restricted diet, you could be a good candidate for appetite suppressants. Dr. Mark Neumann prescribes Phentermine because it is one medication that has proven results over several decades. Phentermine stops the brain from sending excess hunger signals. That means you feel satisfied on a limited amount of food and aren’t tempted to overeat.
2. Diet and Exercise. When you take in more calories than you burn, you gain weight. The opposite is also true. To lose weight, try reducing your caloric intake by at least a few hundred calories per day and get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day. If this is unsuccessful, one of the other methods should work for you.
3. Fat Burning Injections. Your body needs vitamins for energy, optimal health, and weight loss, but you only receive a small portion of the most beneficial ingredients when taking them orally. With fat burning injections, the nutrients you need go directly to your blood stream. Vitamin B12 is especially effective at burning fat and providing several other health benefits.
4. HCG Injections. HCG is a human hormone that is most prevalent in pregnant women. It’s what helps them nourish a developing fetus and themselves at the same time. When given as an injection, this hormone is also highly effective at burning fat for people following a low-calorie diet. It differs from commercial diet plans because it burns only fat instead of muscle.
5. Nutrition Counseling. This is one of those common sense non-surgical weight loss options that people tend to overlook. When you work with one of our nutritional counselors, he or she assesses your food diary from the past week and works with you to establish goals for the coming week. Educating clients on the health benefits of a nutritious diet is a big part of the counseling process.
Please let us know how we can help you on the weight loss journey. Dr. Neumann is happy to discuss each of these non-surgical weight loss options in more detail during your consultation. Contact him today.
If you have an underactive thyroid, also known as hypothyroidism, it means that your thyroid gland doesn't produce enough of this important hormone. Although one of the smallest organs in the human body, the thyroid is also one of the most important. It controls multiple functions such as mood and sleep regulation, skin health, weight, muscle health, and more. Fatigue and the inability to lose weight are two of the biggest complaints of people with an underactive thyroid.
How Does Weight Loss Resistance Happen With An Underactive Thyroid?
When the metabolism is slow, it can be extremely difficult to lose weight. Many people with hypothyroidism also complain of fat accumulation around their mid-section that doesn't seem to budge no matter what. Hormonal balance speeds up the metabolism and makes weight loss easier. This is just one of the services we offer at MSN Healthcare.
Fatigue is another factor in weight gain or the inability to lose weight. When you have no energy, you can’t get the exercise you need. Thyroid imbalance can cause a condition known as adrenal fatigue, which typically occurs because of unrelenting stress. People suffering from it have low energy most of the day and have difficulty getting going in the morning, regardless of the number of hours of sleep the night before. Reducing stress, getting enough sleep, and balancing hormones in the thyroid and adrenal glands are essential.
Constipation can lead to weight loss resistance as well. This is the inability to have regular bowel movements, despite having a physical urge to do so. Along with recommending a high-fiber diet, plenty of water, and exercise, Dr. Neumann can determine the best way to resolve this problem so you can finally drop the weight.
Several other factors can cause weight loss resistance, including poor diet, stress, lack of exercise, and other lifestyle choices. However, it is more often related to an underactive thyroid that occurs as people age.
If your weight won’t seem to budge no matter what you do, Dr. Mark Neumann of MSN Healthcare will perform several laboratory tests to obtain your baseline levels. From there, he can recommend lifestyle changes, medication, dietary supplements, hormone balancing, or another service that addresses your unique symptoms.
Feel free to reserve your time with Dr. Neumann today by calling (734) 847.4700.
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the laser hair removal process.Read More
Whether you’re dealing with unwanted body hair, premature age spots, or acne scars, you can find the skin care services you need that can positively impact your well-being.Read More
Losing weight and keeping it off can be a frustrating challenge. It’s not uncommon for people to try up to a dozen different diet plans before they either give up or consider a medical weight loss diet. Even when they get to that point, many people have misconceptions about what medical weight loss means. First, we would like to clear up what it is not. It’s not surgery, unproven diet pills, or a diet at all.
As a medical weight loss patient of MSN Healthcare, you receive the guidance you need to achieve your weight loss goals. This looks different for every patient because Dr. Neumann provides individualized services based on your health history and amount of weight you need to lose. Anyone can benefit from medical weight loss services, whether you need to lose more than 100 pounds or that stubborn last few pounds before you reach your goal.
Medical Weight Loss at MSN Healthcare
Dr. Neumann understands the science of medical weight loss diets and can recommend the most effective methods for you to lose extra pounds and keep them off for good. Having someone invested in your success keeps you motivated and accountable for achieving results. The following are just some of the methods he may suggest:
- Phentermine. This prescription appetite suppressant pill is one of the few proven medications for obesity and weight loss that has proven results over many decades. Phentermine targets the hunger signals in the brain so you don’t get the message to eat when you’re not hungry.
- Nutrition counseling. Your nutritional counselor helps you evaluate food intake from the previous week, helps you set goals, and come up with solutions for handling different types of eating situations. You will receive support and encouragement from someone who understands your challenges and wants to see you succeed.
- HCG injections. HCG is a powerful human hormone that attacks excess fat and helps you feel comfortable consuming fewer calories than you are accustomed to.
These are just some of the possible medical weight loss solutions we offer at MSN Healthcare. Call 734-847-4700 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Neumann.